Let’s Make this Christmas Merry !!!
2020 has been a roller coaster ride for business. The flower business has been gone through many ups and downs throughout the year. Some business struggles to survive, some shut down and some have come up with innovative ways and strategies to keep moving forward. The floriculture industry is characterized by high demand during a key holiday such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Christmas is the time of the year when people go out of their way to show love and affection to their families and people they love and care about. Each year we send and receive gifts and flowers. No doubt this Christmas will be different. But we need more human connection than ever before and in spite of being a different and difficult year, people will still send flowers to their loved ones and buy them for themselves to decorate and lighten up their homes. Even if times are tough and challenging, we must make great efforts to do business and end 2020 strong.
Here is some pointers florist can use to increase sale and have a hassle-free Christmas.
- Increase online presence:
Online sales have increased during the COVID-19. This trend will continue in the future too as new norms. The florist must update their websites and put the stocks and arrangements they have for Christmas. Christmas display at Shop is a great way to attract customers to make them come inside. Treat your e-commerce website like that and display the best design best offers and theme to make people come to your website. Invest in Quality Product Images. Make your website easy to navigate and check out. Provide as many payment options as possible.
Utilized the maximum channel of marketing both online and off-line. Start marketing for Christmas just after Thanksgiving or before and try to secure some orders by mid of December.
- Email Marketing: Sent an email to your existing clients and potential clients offering your design and product for the holiday season.
- Create social media pages on Facebook, Instagram, tik talk, takes advantage of Facebook Ads Manager its paid advertising service of Facebook, that boost your post and show your ad on your target profile timelines and to drive people to your website.
- Go live on Instagram and Facebook. Show your products and arrangements for Christmas. Explaining to your audience your specialty and exclusiveness. Offer some discounts for someone to purchase first while you are live stream.
- Create content around Christmas flowers, plants, and spread across all social media platforms.
- Reach out to suppliers:
- Make a list of all popular items and the items you want. Contact your suppliers and wholesaler or farms and get the availability and place your orders well in advance.
- Make sure you have a good supply of wrapping papers, ribbons, boxes, cards, and other things to make an arrangement.
- Have all suitable Christmas stock and display them on your shop, social media page.
- Sales & Delivery:
- Start taking orders for Christmas after thanksgiving. At-least secures some order by mid of December.
- Make a note of stock sold and do not put that on display. On your website put the sold-out impression on the picture of the item no longer available.
- Cold calling: Call your existing clients and leads generated from marketing efforts and ask them whom they want to send a flower this Christmas. Calling is a good way to reach out to your customer and create a connection.
- Make a checklist for orders. Name, address, contact details of the sender, and Special message. Name, address, and contact details of the recipients. Having a phone number and mobile number of recipients is very important in today’s world for no contact delivery.
- After taking the address sent an email or message to the customer to acknowledge the details are correct.
- Do the right kind of wrapping and use the best packaging for your product.
- Give clear instruction to delivery men.
- It is particularly important what you send reached to right people at right time and in the best condition possible.
- Before the final dispatch run the checklist and orders with your team to avoid future embarrassment.
- Make sure you have a good team and enough staff to run the show
- After the delivery get feedback from your client. It best way to improve your business and product offerings.
- Analyze everything. What went well, where you face challenges, and what you can do better next time.
- How many flowers and plants shipped, how many disposed of, what items were short make a complete record as soon as possible as it’s fresh in your mind. Learn from every experience.
- Sent an email to customers thanking them for doing business with you and wishing them a happy holiday.
Pay attention to details in everything you do, from your marketing to sourcing flowers, Plants, and other stocks, to taking your order carefully and delivering them and getting feedback and analyzing everything. This is a great way to create a base for the bigger holidays in 2021.